Monday, September 6, 2010

Vagabond excursions through boondocking

When I am vagabonding, I make plans to stay in one area of the country for at least 2 months so I can minimize the driving time. This also saves gas and allows me to explore the area. Since most free campgrounds come with a 14 day limit, I plan 4 separate areas to camp in for those two months. At the end of the 14 day boondocking, I stay in an improved campground with full services. This one day and night gives me time to take a couple of nice long hot showers, recharge my batteries, and refill my water tanks before heading out to the next campsite. I try and  find one close to the next boondocking site so I am not hauling water all over the country.

Here are 3 examples of my 4 x2 week excursions. Each one contains 4 places for boondocking in the same area. Click on the photo to see more information.

Northern Arizona and Utah
See the grand canyon and the wonderful sites of southwestern Utah


Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi
Take a leisurely trip through the south to do some canoeing, hiking, and fishing.


Tennessee, Georgia, North Carolina
Enjoy the mountains with a side trip to the Smoky Mountains National Park

No comments:

Post a Comment

Promote your blog

Promote Your Blog

Bible Verse

photos from pdphoto.org

MP3 Clips of Nature

  © Blogger template Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP