Saturday, July 24, 2010

Let there be light


As a vagabond evangelist, I immerse myself in the scriptures and as an astronomer I love the universe that God made apart from the earth. So, I do look at the universe in relation to Genesis. Here are some of my thoughts about creation.

Then God said, "Let there be "light"; and there was light. And God saw the light, that is was good; and God divided the light from darkness. Genesis 1:3-4

I used to wonder why it said God created light first and then he created the sun, moon and stars. As we have been taught for a while now, daylight originates in the sun and is reflected by the moon. Stars, although much farther away, also contribute to light. Of course, man has had artificial lights on the earth ever since he used fire. So

Science wants us to believe a lot of things and one of those is the big bang theory. This is where everything was compressed at the beginning and then expanded into what we know as the universe. This requires that the Sun and stars were created first and the planets second. Genesis does not support this sequence so how can it be correct? A little known fact about this scientific theory is the difference in age between the universe and galaxies don't match. Oh, well, for science it is back to the drawing board for a modification.

God made all the energy in the universe and it is recorded in Genesis 1:3-4. This is called light because before energy, our universe was filled with emptiness. So now God had created darkness and light. Afterwards he creates the stars and the moon and places them in motion along with the earth. None of this agrees with the big bang theory but then the big bang theory doesn't agree with the known facts. I chose to believe what my bible says to me. I will wait to let science catch up with the true facts. Some how, it always seems to be behind.

I get to see the dark night sky as I spend time away from the lights of the city. Out there you get the full measure of its majesty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Promote your blog

Promote Your Blog

Bible Verse

photos from pdphoto.org

MP3 Clips of Nature

  © Blogger template Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP