Saturday, May 8, 2010

Gathering up the Family


The simple life appealed to me because my life was too cluttered and I could not find enough time for the good things in life. I believe it is time to get back to the basics of the faith, so I am preparing to go into the field as a vagabond evangelist for Christ. As often as possible, this blog will contain reports on what is happening in the field. Other times, it will contain my thoughts on faith in God. Before the family is gathered up into Heaven, my prayer is to add as many brothers and sisters that God will allow.

In concluding my first post, I will say that some of us need to jump back on the narrow path and start following God's will again. Others here need to take their first steps on that path. If you have been wandering along distracted by the world, it is time to have a talk with God and ask his forgiveness. For those that haven't accepted the truth in their life.

1. Admit to being a sinner and turn away from your sin
"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"
(Romans 3:23)

2. Believe that Jesus died for you and rose again
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
(John 3:16)
3. Accept Jesus as the only way into Heaven
Jesus said: "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me." (John 14:6)

Talk to God in prayer and tell him that you understand that only by his grace (Jesus dying for you) will he accept a sinner like you. Promise him you will live your life according to his will from this day forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Promote your blog

Promote Your Blog

Bible Verse

photos from pdphoto.org

MP3 Clips of Nature

  © Blogger template Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP