Friday, October 1, 2010

A boondocking trip across the Southern States


I have looked at many places in the US for dry camping or boondocking. These are places to camp for free but do not have services so your RV must be self contained with its own toilet, electricity, and water. Most national forests will have a place for dispersed primitive camping but they aren't the only places. Don't forget the grasslands and I especially like the wildlife management areas for photography. When staying in areas that allow hunting, you must keep aware of the hunting season and its safety rules.

Across the south with no particular place to go.
My plans are simple. I started with the criteria that each site much be no more than 200 miles apart and allow camping for at least 14 days. Every 14 days, I plan to stay at a campsite with services so I can recharge my batteries, fill my water tanks, dump my holding tanks, and take that all important long hot shower. So, I spend no more than 4 days in a paid campsite every 2 months. By the way, the forest service does have some really reasonable campsites for a low fee that includes electric, water, and hot showers. Each excursion is planned for two months which includes 4 stops.

This group of 2 month excursions will take you through the south and you can put the trip together many different ways. It becomes a never ending excursion through the southern states for as long as you want to keep making the rounds.

1. Appalachian Excursion

2. Tennessee/Kentucky

3. Alabama

4. Gulf Coast

5. Louisiana

6.Western Arkansas

7.Eastern Arkansas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Promote your blog

Promote Your Blog

Bible Verse

photos from pdphoto.org

MP3 Clips of Nature

  © Blogger template Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP