Sunday, August 1, 2010

I will be your God

One of my favorite passages in the bible is when God says, "You will be my people and I will be your God." Exodus 6:7. It is a relationship between us and God that goes both ways. He didn't say that he made us to be his servants but that it would be a relationship between us and him. "I will be your God." is a covenant that he will always be there for us. He is the provider of our wealth which isn't the wealth as defined by the world. You don't need bigger barns to hold it. You need a bigger heart to give away the extra.

My simple life is designed around the premise that we should only use the resources that we need and share the rest with others. The excess is not to be hoarded as possessions. So, without this over abundance of possessions or wealth as defined by society, I have more choices to be free. I am free to go where I want and free to do many more things in life. The requirements for a simple life are met easily many more ways that the desire to have an abundance of possessions. You work less, enjoy what life has to offer much more.

You won't find the simple life taught at many churches today. No pastor stands up and reminds us to sell all our possessions and follow Jesus for he has too many possessions himself. So, will you follow the lead of society to store as much wealth as you can or adopt the principals of the simple life? If you aren't happy working feverishly for that wealth, perhaps it is time to do something different before you journey is over. Live simple and you will live free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Promote your blog

Promote Your Blog

Bible Verse

photos from pdphoto.org

MP3 Clips of Nature

  © Blogger template Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP